Friday, November 6, 2009

never been {this} late!

My period always arrives on Mondays. Maybe Tuesdays. Never Wednesdays, and definitely not Thursdays. Whether I've been on birth control, which I was from ayoung age until August 16th, 2009, or not, I've always started on Mondays or Tuesdays. Like clockwork.

Well, not this week! It's Thursday, and there is no sign of a period in site. No cramps, no tender tatas, I'm not crying more easily than normal, or anything that might resemble PMS. Well, that's not entirely true. I'm definitely bloated, but what's new? Arg.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd say I'm pretty freakin' sure I'm pregnant. Except for the bloating, I don't have any "pregnancy symptoms," per say. Besides the late period, which is a pretty huge symptom, now that I think about it. But the big ones- morning sickness, food cravings, heightened sense of smell, sore boobies? Nope. None of the above. I have been peeing in the middle of the night more than I'd like, but hey- I also drink massive glasses of ice water all night, so it's like, "Duh Danielle. Cut that out, would ya?"

Evan must think I'm nuts, because I've been sure I was pregnant every month since we decided to pull the ring out for good back in August. One month I was nauseous, the next I swore I could smell everything a million times better than normal. I took tests each time, and each time I saw a big blank indicator window staring back at me. Negative. Not pregnant, just a bit crazy.

I've mentioned to Evan that I'm late a couple times now, but he doesn't seem to be taking me very seriously. Reminds me of a certain story my mom told me as a child- there was a girl, a wolf- I'm sure you remember the rest.

Anywho. Did I mention I bought this application for my iPhone a while back- iPeriod- that tracks my cycle for me? Best app ever. It predicts when I'm ovulating, when I should be getting my period, it sends me reminders so that I know to bust out the "period panties," all that good stuff. For the last three days, little messages have been popping up on my phone screen- "Your period is one day late." "Your period is two days late." "Your period is three days late." Thanks, I noticed!

It's time to buy a test. Definitely time. Here's a pic I took while getting ready for work this morning:


{Little did I know, at the time, that it would be the first picture of my growing baby bump. :o) }

No comments:

Post a Comment