Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{39 weeks, a retrospective}

Looks like I missed my final weekly update before Violet was born! In an effort to provide her with a complete summary of her mommy's pregnancy,  here is what should have been my 39 week update... as well as I can remember, from the perspective of myself on July 14th, the day she was born. :o) 

 {39 weeks, 4 days- taken on our nightly walk/the last photo of me pregnant <3} 

  • How far along? 39 weeks, 5 days


  • Total weight gain/loss: around 23 lbs.


  • Sleep: Bathroom breaks-a-plenty. Woke up this morning at 3:30am to a odd-acting dog, so I got up and let her out to potty. Rushed to the bathroom moments later to find that my bloody show... showed! Looked "bloody show" up on my iPhone- labor should start within 72 hours. This is it!


  • Best moment this week: Wellll, other than possibly being in labor, I'm really enjoying every last minute alone with Evan. <3


  • Movement: It feels like she's trying to push her way out. Throughout the day, I notice her pushing against the top of my uterus with both feet and her head pressing firmly downward on my cervix. Come on out, precious! 


  • Food cravings: All of the things I've had to cut out during my pregnancy- runny egg yolks, chai tea lattes, here I come!


  • Gender: Girl :)


  • Labor Signs: YES! Bloody show at 3:30am! Who would have thought something called "bloody show" could bring a girl so much excitement. {My surges started about 30 minutes later, growing consistently stronger and closer together over the next 9 hours. Things never slowed down when the sun came up like my doula said they would. My water broke during my first and only cervix check around 1:30pm, where my doctor found that I was 9cm dilated and ready to push. Craziness.}


  • Belly Button in or out? Still in, yay. 


  • What I miss: Nothing. This is it!


  • What I am looking forward to: Picnics on the front lawn, playing dress-up, seeing her reaction to the world, seeing Evan's reaction to her... 


  • Weekly Wisdom: Love, love, love...


  • Milestones: Labor is here! The ultimate pregnancy milestone! 


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment